Monday, August 5, 2013

SUMMER VACATIONS


What Are You Doing This Summer?
Summer holidays are a tradition. When I was young, okay, a very long time ago, we went to a cabin on a lake for two weeks. Actually it was near a lake and we went with another lady and her two children. It was great fun.

With my children we went camping every summer. They were about 6 years and 4 years and we bought a bright orange Volkswagen van. Remember them? We camped for two weeks every year. And when we got the Great Pyrenees dog we still went camping. My daughter slept up top on the little canvas bed. My son slept on the canvas bed over the front seats and the dog slept on the floor in the front. There was lots of room for everyone, although people did stare at us when we piled out in the morning.
I have lots of great memories about summer vacations. How about you? What are you doing this year? What do you do with your family in the summer? Do you have traditions?

I’d love to hear what everyone else does?

1 comment:

  1. I try to stay in the UK in the peak summer months in the hope of getting the best of the English summer at home! Also... it's cheaper!

    Holidaying in January is much more common for me. It really livens up the post Xmas blues when you have a trip to look forward to!

    www.borntobeatourist.co.uk
    www.misswrite.co.uk

    ReplyDelete